Coming soon in 3D
- Do not place hot vessels directly on the surface - always use coasters/cork sheets or table cloths
- Blot dry spill as soon as possible to avoid stains
- Keep away from direct sunlight and constant moisture
- Do not drop heavy objects on the surfaces to avoid denting
- Do not jump on the furniture or encourage kids to do so
- Do not attempt to move the furniture while someone is already sitting on it - this can seriously destroy the joinery and cause irreparable damage to the furniture
- Treat your uByld Furniture like the handmade piece of art VBthat it is and it will remain a thing of beauty and joy forever
vByld Colossus - named after the Statue of the Colossus of Rhodesis an an extra large Shoe Cabinet with 6 Shelves, and two convenient drawers. Colossus is handcrafted sturdily with 100% solid upcycled pine wood. The drawers are large with ample space to meet the shoe storage needs of your entire family. The two large drawers are ideal to stow away shoe accessories such as polish, brush, shoe horns and socks.
The ornate doors are carefully hand crafted to render an ornate but yet modern look. The entire structure of Colossus is built using solid wood slats placed next to each other, resulting in a deliberate gap of <0.25" between the slats for optimial aeration. The back of the Colossus is not fully covered, each shelf within the cabinet has a slat to prevent shoes from falling out. This works to increase the aeration and keep the shoes fresh. The doors have two old style vintage knobs that provide a decor element and a rustic feel to the furniture
Colossus can also be used as a closed book shelf / console table in your entryway.
A 100% solid wood shoe cabinet is rare and will look classy and adorn your home for decades to come.
DESIGN CREDIT: Colossus was designed by Abhijeet Joshi for his new home in Bangalore. uByld built this unit to his specification. Details - from wooden handles, to the knobs to the open back style were carefully conceptualized by Abhijeet and rendered into a design by uByld. The unit turned out to be a true master piece. Thanks Abhijeet.
vByld ColossusShoe Cabinet is completely pre-assembled and is available on order only in Bangalore. Please do ensure that a shoerackof this size can fit into your room, stairway, entryway before you order.
COLOR GUIDE:The Colossus in the picture is done up in a Light Walnut shade with a Gloss finish on the cabinet with the door frame and drawers in Dark Walnut Gloss. Please see color guide below for other stain variantsto make your choice in any other color
- Distressing is an art where the furniture is made to look weathered and vintage. At uByld, our trained master polishmen achieve this effect by first completing the furniture with wood stain (usually Dark Walnut or Light Walnut) and then applying a few coats of paint (Blue or White in this case). Once the paint has dried, the craftsment in a creative burstcarefully sands away the paint in the portion of the furniture where the most weathering might take place. Once the sanding has been done, the paint is sealed in with a layer of Gloss or Matte (as required).
- Note that Distressing furniture is an art and no two piece look alike. The furniture looks absolutely great and would be topic of discussion at your home for ages to comes
Please read these points before ordering Colossus
- Available only in Bangalore
- Ensure that the passageways, stairways, doors and room can accomodate the large cot